We take care of all aspects of commercial property management and block management for property owners. Removing the stress for the owner and maximising asset value are our top priorities
Commercial property management
Fisher Wrathall Commercial manage commercial property on behalf of landlords, be it retail with or without other uses such as residential above, office or, or industrial premises. What is included in our management service will depend upon the landlord’s own portfolio and preferences.
Our property management service can include:
- Invoicing tenants and collecting rents and insurance premiums.
- Making payments to clients, professional advisers, insurers and others.
- Administering insurance on behalf of our landlords.
- Maintaining separate clients’ accounts and ledgers, preparing and submitting statements and accounts with balances, and supporting invoices at quarterly intervals to comply with RICS accounts regulations.
- Considering applications for alterations, assignment, sub-lettings and change of use.
- Producing budgets for future expenditure and reserves, administering funds and providing information to owners and their accountants.
- Engaging and paying suppliers, contractors, staff and other providers.
- Submitting service charge demands, collecting payments, preparing annual reconciliation and circulating service charge accounts.
- Inspecting properties periodically.
- Instructing solicitors or certified enforcement agents on unpaid rent and other charges.
- Arranging and supervising maintenance contracts for plant and equipment, general cleaning, security, landscape maintenance, etc.
- Dealing with day-to-day and emergency repairs to structure, plant, fixtures, fittings and equipment.
- Taking the utmost precautions for the security of clients’ money, including membership of the RICS client money protection scheme, as part of the regular RICS accounts inspection.
Point of Contact
As managing agents, we are the primary point of contact for tenants. We aim to maintain good tenant relationships across all properties, facilitating the efficient reporting of issues and allowing action to be taken in a timely manner to address and rectify problems.
A Trusted Network
We have a list of approved contractors and tradesmen that we trust with our managed properties. We can advise you with the local solicitor, building surveyor, and handyman services that we have used and trusted for years.
- Commissioning risk assessments to ensure compliance with fire safety, disability discrimination and asbestos regulations.
- Instructing contractors to carry out recommended works.
- Commissioning energy performance certificate (EPC) reports.
- We are a multi-disciplinary company with the benefit of advice from specialist valuers, building surveyors, lettings agents and other professionals with over 130 years experience.
- As RICS members we have professional indemnity (PI) cover of £5 million.
Our team offers a flexible, tailored property management system suitable for Freeholders, Resident Management Companies, Right to Manage Companies and lessees, allowing our team to manage your block in the most effective way possible.
Our involvement can be adjusted to suit your requirements. We can provide a comprehensive approach or reduce our involvement so that you can take care of day-to-day issues.
Block Management services include:
- Collection of service charges and rent
- Service charge arrears management, and LVT proceedings
- Service charge budgeting and reconciliation
- Arranging building insurance and handling insurance claims
- Arranging preparation of year-end service charge accounts
- Arranging repairs, cleaning, and communal utility payments
- Competitive tendering for building works or obtaining quotes
- Administering cyclical maintenance plans
- Arranging annual maintenance contracts
- Organising and attending Annual General Meetings
- Site visits as required
- Communicating with residents
- Health and Safety and Fire Risk assessments
- Advice on compliance with leases, including statutory obligations
- Licences and consents for subletting and alterations
- Company Secretarial services
- Filing of annual returns
- Dealing with solicitor enquiries for owners selling their properties
As Fisher Wrathall Commercial is a member of and regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), we operate within the RICS code of conduct and have Client Accounts into which rent and service charges are paid, and from which ad-hoc expenses are paid. These bank accounts are ring-fenced and kept separate from our business expenses.