Residential Survey and Valuation
We offer a variety of Pre-purchase surveys for residential buyers in Lancashire and South Cumbria. We have successfully conducted numerous building surveys in Lancaster, Preston, Morecambe, Kendall, Windermere, Ulverston, Carnforth and surrounding towns. Different levels of the survey are available to suit the needs of both the purchaser and also the property type and condition. We offer further guidance and advice following issuing of the report to all clients, therefore ensuring that purchasers are able to move forward with confidence, taking an informed step closer towards their dream home.
Get in touch today for a quote – our Building Surveyor is available to visit within a few days of your enquiry.
Level One – RICS Home Condition Report
Choose this report if… you are purchasing a conventional house, flat or bungalow built from common building materials which appears to be in good condition.
The report focuses purely on the condition of the property and provides clear ‘traffic light’ ratings on the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage, and outbuildings. It will identify problems that require varying degrees of attention, concluding with a summary of the risks to the condition of the building, and other matters including guarantees, planning, and building control issues for your legal advisers.
Level Two – RICS Homebuyer Report
Choose this report if… you would like more extensive information whilst purchasing a conventional house, flat or bungalow, built from common building materials and in reasonable condition.
All of the features in the Condition Report are included, plus a more extensive inspection and the following:
- The Surveyor’s professional opinion on the ‘Market Value’ of the property
- An insurance reinstatement figure for the property (for insurance purposes)
- A list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the value of the property
- advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance, and further investigations required prior to purchase
- Information on location, local environment, and the recorded energy efficiency (where available)
Level Three – RICS Building Survey
Choose this Survey if… you are purchasing a very old or dilapidated property, a building that is unusual or of non-traditional construction, or has been significantly altered.
The survey provides the most detail about the structure and fabric of the property and the following:
- A very thorough inspection, and a detailed report on the construction and a wider range of issues
- A description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws, the cause of
- defects, remedial works required, and the consequence of not acting
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.